Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Swine (Playwright)

(Scene: Jane opens the door and finds trash, bottles, and food containers littered everywhere in her apartment!)

JANE.
What happened to my apartment!? There's trash everywhere! Oh my God, who did this?

(Enter DAN.)

DAN.
Jane, you're home!

JANE.
Dan! I should have known! I trusted you with my keys, and this is what you do: you break my stuff while you and your friends role play all day long. What do you have to say for yourself?

(Enter LANA, hiding behind a door, but peeking, with towel- naked.)

LANA.
(coy): My lord, thy chambers hath gone cold.

DAN.
(pretentious): Now Jane, you know how dedicated I am to my Live Action Role Playing. I never back down from a challenge.

JANE.
It's over. We're breaking up.

DAN.
A difficult challenge, but if you say so!

JANE.
And you're paying for the damages.

DAN.
There's a spell in RPG's for that. When you reenter the room, magically everything returns to normal again!

(Exit DAN. The girls wait. He never comes.)

LANA.
He deserted me. We were to make love 'til the morning rise!

JANE.
Please! You'll be faking it anyways!


(Curtain.)

No comments: